Autumn is a transitional season between the summer and the winter. It is the best season of the year as the temperature reduces kicking off festivities and holidays. Autumn is popularly called the harvesting season as the leaves fall. People start harvesting their crops in the field. The temperature is quite relaxing as the heat gradually reduces. The weather is neither hot nor cold. A chilly breeze is there to indicate pre-winter times.
The autumn season brings with it a new hope to usher in. It has months of festivities across the world be it in the United States or India. Autumn is also known for the astronomical event – Autumnal Equinox. Usually, we witness autumn in the calendar months of September to November. Autumn is also special in the animal world as it is the time for them to collect food before the winter. Autumn is the best season for many after a long period of summer.
Some facts about the autumn season
- We associate autumn with falling leaves of various colors, be it yellow, orange, or others. The fair of colors from the leaves turn those places into breathtaking sites. You can spot such exquisite visuals in New England of the US, Bavaria in Germany, and the Duro River Valley in Portugal.
- Autumn is the time for pumpkins. If you are a dessert guy, you can have conventional platters like pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, and contemporary themes like pumpkin-flavored tea and coffee.
- If you have a sweet tooth, autumn is the best season for you. It is the time to have delicious desserts like taffies, caramel apples, apple pie, pecan pie, and others.
- Autumn is the best season of the year to showcase your fashion statement. This time you can sport different types of jackets, blazers, and boots along with flip flops and shorts.
- It is the time of the year when the birds migrate to a warmer place to save themselves from the harsh winters.
- Autumn is the time for kinds of festivities like Thanksgiving in the US, Chuseok in Korea, Dia de Muertos in Mexico, and Diwali in India. So it is the time to celebrate with friends and family and take a much-needed break from our busy schedules.
- It is interesting to know that autumn is not uniform across the world. The equator divides the world into two hemispheres – North and South Hemisphere. The upper half of the world in the Northern Hemisphere has North America, Europe, Asia, and the upper portion of Africa. The countries located in the Northern Hemisphere observe the autumn season from September to November every year. While the countries like Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa experiences the season from March to May.
Phenomena of autumn
The autumn season is synonymous with pleasant weather as the temperature drops down from the hot summer. Nature gradually transforms itself as the tree leaves start shedding and changing colors. The entire scenario becomes beautiful. You will have cloudy skies and rainfall. Well! Not all things are rosy for autumn as hurricanes originate this time creating havoc en-route.
Autumn is the best season of the year for the farmers and gardeners to harvest. They pluck the crops from the field as the first frost can damage the crops in the field.
Gradually the days become shorter while the night becomes longer. The moon in the sky glow at its bloom alighting the sky. The bright sky becomes a glowing canvas to see some new stars.
The season is the time for Autumnal Equinox (September equinox). It is a celestial occurrence of the movement of the Sun that takes place every year. The autumnal equinox takes place from September 21 to September 23. The length of the day is equivalent to the nighttime.
A brief synopsis on autumn
Autumn is the season for hope ushering in joy and frolic among the people. It is a great relief after the exhaust of the summers. Different countries across the world celebrate the season by organizing different festivities. The kids at different places look forward to autumn as the schools have holidays. It is a time to spread joy all along the way.