An Indonesian volcano has erupted again on Monday. The volcano has erupted in hot clouds of ash. Further, at least 22 people have killed by the powerful eruption after two days. According to the reports, dozens are still missing at the site.
- Mt.Semeru is the tallest mountain on the island of Java. Firstly, it erupted the ash into the sky and blanketed the surrounding villages on Saturday.
- Aerial footage has shown jutting out of roofs and military officers, police, and residents are pulling out the victims dug up due to the volcano.
- On Monday, it erupts again informed by Indonesia’s Centre for Volcanology and Geological Hazard Mitigation. The Centre has also warned of the continued eruptions.
- Further, Liswanto, the head of the Semeru Volcano Observatory said Semeru is the most powerful and active volcano in Indonesia. He also urged people to stay at safe places as people are coming to their homes to meet their relatives and to check their belongings.
- Moreover, the rescue teams have been operated in various areas. Securities have also been deployed at the Sumberwuluh due to the poor weather and to retrieve the victims from the rubble.
- The Lava has also destroyed the bridge which was connecting two areas in the district of Lumajang. There was great destruction of public properties.
Semeru: One of the more than 100 active volcanoes
Semeru is known as one of the more than 100 active volcanoes in Indonesia. The country has an area called the Pacific ‘Ring of fire’ with high seismic activity. The Pacific Ocean has been covered by the 40,000-kilometre arc of volcanoes and oceanic trenches
-By Ramanjot Kaur
Content Writer(Erakina BY RTMN)