Have you ever tried to make Pumpkin Bagels and had been a complete flop and you thought you were at your wit’s end? Here is an easy basic pumpkin bagels recipe that you can whip up in no time with the ingredients that are already there in your pantry. It’s so much fun to do and so delicious! Not difficult at all though. You can try it with other flavors! A bagel, or a sandwich with a hole in it, is a popular food.
Bagels are a filling treat to enjoy any time of the day but are mainly eaten in the morning to break the slumberous fast.[Pumpkin Bagels]
How many calories are in a bagel?
There are 257 calories in 1 piece (100 grams) of bagel. Do you want to know about the other nutritional values in ‘bagel’? In the table below you will find out how much fat, saturated fat, protein, carbohydrates, sugars and fiber it contains.[Pumpkin Bagels]
1 piece (100 grams) of Bagel contains:
|Of which saturated||0.5g|
|Of which sugars||2.1g|
Power ingredients you will need to make this delicious freshly baked pumpkin bagel:
● 2 tsp active dry yeast
● ⅔ cup of pumpkin puree
● 3 cups of bread flour
● 1 cup of warm water
● ⅓ cup of dark brown sugar
● 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
● ½ tsp salt
● Vanilla extract
Let’s get started! Recipee
- You can start by activating the yeast by adding warm water and dark brown sugar to it. So take a large bowl, add 2 tsp of active dry yeast, a cup of warm water, and ⅓ cup of dark brown sugar.
- Stir the mix well to get everything nice and dissolved. Keep it for 10 minutes so that the yeast gets activated.
- The next step is to add some spices, pumpkin, and flour to the activated yeast mix.[Pumpkin Bagels]
- Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon full of pumpkin pie spice and ½ teaspoon of salt. After that just toss in a dash of vanilla extract and ⅔ cup of pumpkin puree.
- Then add 2 cups of bread flour. Mix everything together. Then transfer everything over to the stand mixer bowl. Mix it at a low speed. While that’s mixing, add another cup of bread flour.
- What you should look for is that the dough should not be sticky, but rather smooth and elastic in texture. Let it mix well at about a medium-low speed. That should only take about 5 to 6 minutes for it to get to that smooth and elastic consistency.[Pumpkin Bagels]
- Next, take a mixing bowl and oil the inside of it or just a butter spray to keep the sides from sticking. Put the dough into the oiled bowl. Cover it well using a cling film or plastic wrap. Keep it for about an hour or until the dough has increased twofold in size.
- After 1 hour, you will see that the dough has become big. Now, turn this out to a lightly floured work surface, where you can knead it a little bit. Now stretch it out to the rough shape of a square. Take a pizza cutter and cut the dough into 12 equal parts.
- Now roll each part into a ball using your hands. Take 1 ball and roll it out into approximately ⅛ inch rope. Try to make it as even as possible as this is going to form the ring of your bagel.[Pumpkin Bagels]
- Bring the ends together and pinch and roll so that it becomes one seamless circle. That’s going to form the bagel.
- Once you have that done, put it on a greased baking sheet. Repeat the same step for the remaining 11 parts. Keep it covered and let it rest for another 20 minutes so that it will rise again.In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400 0 F. Take a saucepan of water and let it simmer for sometime.
- Add ½ cup of sugar and let it dissolve well. Put the bagels into the saucepan and let it be there for 45 seconds. Take it out and let it drain the water on a paper towel. Now give the bagels an egg wash. Transfer it to a baking tray and bake it for about 15- 20 minutes. After that let it cool for some time and then the beautifully done pumpkin bagels are ready.
- Top them up with whatever toppings you love and enjoy the delectable bagels.
Piece of advice:
Bread flour has a higher protein count than regular all-purpose flour. So use bread flour to make it more healthy.
Follow this recipe, make your top grab-and-go breakfast choice, and have a good day![Pumpkin Bagels]