Turmeric is said to be an ancient spice which has an origin in India. Turmeric is a member of the ginger family. The botanical name for turmeric is Curcuma longa.
4000 years ago, the use of turmeric started in India as a Vedic culture. After that, it reached many countries, like China and Africa. It reached these countries by the 18th century. In India, turmeric is used as an antibiotic medicine. In India, it is actually native to south India.
Turmeric has around 40 to 45 species in India. Other countries have about 30 to 40 species. In India, it is used for cooking dishes. It has that typical Indian flavour. It is one of the most important Indian species. Many nutrients are available in turmeric, which are very helpful for a person who has any disease, body pain, etc. Turmeric also decreases the itchiness in the body.
Advantages of Turmeric
- Turmeric has many medical properties; that is the reason it is added to Indian food. Turmeric is also used as a supplement.
- Turmeric has a good amount of antioxidants that get transferred to our bodies.
- It can help a person who has a neurological disorder.
- It has a natural anti-inflammatory compound. Turmeric can prevent a person from having heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, etc.
- It can be very helpful in Alzheimer’s disease. It is a disease that destroys one’s memory.
- It can be very useful for women who want a natural glow on their skin.
- It can heal the wounds of a person as it has many medical uses.
- Turmeric has great benefits for relieving depression and stress.
- It can act as an anti-aging agent as it keeps the cells young and fresh.
- It helps in reducing acne on one’s face.
- Turmeric really helps in the digestion process, which is a must for everyone.
- It is very good for weight loss as it is a nice remedy and is recommended by many dieticians.
Disadvantages of Turmeric
- The disadvantages can only be seen if a person has taken the turmeric at a high dosage.
- Turmeric can lead to digestion problems such as upset stomach, diarrhoea, dizziness, headaches, etc.
- Turmeric can increase bad cholesterol in one’s body.
- Turmeric can make your blood thin and your body can bleed blood.
- It is said that pregnant women should avoid consuming turmeric as it can affect the child and can affect the body.
Ingredients for face packing with lemon juice
- Gram Flour
- Lemon Juice
The method for face packing with lemon juice
- Add 2 teaspoons of gram flour, half a spoon of turmeric, half a spoon of lemon juice, and water to a bowl.
- Mix it well so it becomes a paste to apply for 15 minutes.
Ingredients for face pack with oats
Method for face packing with oats
- Add two teaspoons of oats, half a spoon of turmeric, and water to a bowl and mix it well so that it becomes a paste.
- Apply the paste on one’s face to keep it still for about 15 minutes.
Ingredients for face pack with milk and honey
Method for face packing with milk and honey
- Add turmeric powder, one teaspoon of milk, and one teaspoon of honey to a bowl and mix it well so that it becomes a paste.
- Apply the paste on one’s face and keep it still for about 10 minutes so one gets a flow.
Turmeric Face Mask
The blog is about turmeric, which is very useful for our body and our skin: introduction, history, about, advantages of turmeric, disadvantages of turmeric, face pack of turmeric with lemon juice, face pack of turmeric with oats, face pack with milk and honey. This face pack can help a face destroy dead cells, decreasing the itchiness in the body. The advantages of turmeric are that it has medical properties, has antioxidants, and helps with indigestion. The disadvantages of turmeric can upset the stomach and cause bad cholesterol.