Brown rice is considered to be healthier than other rice because it has large amounts of proteins. Brown rice is counted in the whole grain family. It takes about 35 to 50 minutes for brown rice to get ready. In India, it is mostly found in the southern part(south India).
Botanical Name – Oryza Sativa
- In earlier times, browny rice was harvested in America, China and India. It is believed that it was a bird that first harvested the rice to soil while flying as the rice fell into the ground from its mouth.
- Browny rice had its roots from about 9,000 years ago. After the trial, the browny rice got exported to many countries. The rice colour can be of white, brown, or purple.
Raw browny Rice
- Reduces the risk of diabetes – It reduces the risk of getting diabetic. Low glycaemic index is present in brown rice that prevents the increase of the blood sugar level in the body.
- Improves heart health – Brown rice is a source of high amounts of dietary fibre and magnesium present in the rice. It prevents the person from the risk of having heart disease or strokes..
- Weight control – Dietary fibre present in the rice helps a person to maintain his or her weight.
- Nutrient – Calories~108, Protein~ 3 grams, Fat~ 1 gram, Carbohydrates~ 22 grams, Fibre~ 2 grams, sugar~ 0 grams.
- Natural Oil – Brown rice contains the natural oil which helps to maintain the cholesterol level in the body.
- Rinse the rice with cool water to remove the dirt from it.
- After rinsing, put the rice in the cooker , keep the rice cooker in the gas and switch on the gas.
- Add the required amount of water into the cooker.
- After this procedure, leave the cooker for 10 to 15 minutes so that it gets cooked fully.
- For side dishes, people can cook fish curry, egg curry, sambhar etc.
White Rice vs. Brown Rice
- Time – White rice can be cooked very early as compared to brown rice.
- Maintenance of weight – One can maintain his diet by eating a bowl of brown rice daily but it is not possible in white rice. White rice generally helps the person to gain weight.
- Colour – As we all know that white rice is of white colour and brown rice is of brown colour. Their name depends on their colour.
- Status Symbol – Brown rice is considered as a status symbol as it is not affordable(costly) easily. But it is not the same case in white rice. White rice can be easily purchased also from small shops. It is also affordable for the people who are below the poverty line.
- Taste – It is said that brown rice tastes better than white rice. White rice is more fluffier and it can be chewed easily as compared to white rice.
- Can be allergic –Brown rice can be an allergy to some people as it can be eaten by insects or some other small organisms. We cannot say that it is applicable to everyone, very few people can get affected.
- Difficult in digestion – Brown rice is very heavy to digest. So it can create problems with digestion for many people.
- Kidney disease – Browny rice can affect a person’s health. If the digestion doesn’t take place correctly then automatically it can affect a person’s kidney that means it can create constipation problems, blood in stools. If these things are getting affected, then it will automatically affect the person’s health.
- Excess of proteins – Browny rice has an excess of proteins which can affect a person’s health as everything in excess can affect a person’s health. Everything should be in a limit.
Crops of Browny Rice
- Brown rice is slightly costly but other than that it has various advantages–reduces the risk of diabetes, improves heart health, controls weight, good amount of nutrients, natural oil– and disadvantages like: allergy, kidney disease, excess of protein, etc.
- Every crop in this world has its own advantages and disadvantages so one should manage with it.
also read about: health benefits of pasta when take it and when not