About oat cereal
Oat cereal kept in a bowl
- Who hasn’t heard of Oat (Avena sativa), also known as Common Oat? The majority of us do. Oat is a cereal grain that is developed for its seeds. Oats are hardy cereal grains that can withstand adverse conditions that would otherwise make it difficult for some cereal crops to thrive.
- Oats are classified as a secondary crop because they are derived from weeds of primary cereal domesticates. The cereal grain is one of the world’s healthiest grains and is recommended for people suffering from conditions such as low blood sugar and chronic heart disease. Oat groats are whole oats that require more time to cook than processed oats.
- Oatmeal is a breakfast cereal made from oats by boiling oats in milk or water. But that is the thing Oats are the kind of crop that can not only be consumed for breakfast but also for lunch and dinner.
What is Oat Cereal?
- Oat cereals are breakfast foods made from the same-named grain, Oats (Avena sativa), a cereal grain that can grow in harsh conditions. Oatmeal, bran, muesli, and granola are among the cereals that are manufactured and made at home. Hulled oats typically retain their bran and germ, making them excellent sources of fiber and nutrients.
- Oatmeal is a type of oat cereal that contains dry, crushed or rolled oats that have been cooked with water or milk. Oats are first smashed to remove the husk and expose the seed, or groat, before being heated in some way before processing to give the oat a full, nutty flavor.
- Steel-cut oats are tiny, broken groats that are sometimes steamed and flattened before being marketed as “rolled.” Before steaming and rolling, quick oats are cut into small pieces, whereas instant oatmeal has already been cooked and dried. It is available in a variety of flavors, such as fruit and cream or maple and sugar.
Types of Oat Cereal:
When high-protein oats are manufactured, the bran is occasionally saved and used to make a hot cereal mix. Cooking water or milk is used to make oat cereal from the bran. Oat bran is also readily accessible as a cold cereal in the form of flakes, in which the bran has been bound together and baked for a crisp texture.
Muesli is a type of dry oat cereal. Oats are soaked in liquid, usually water or fruit juice, before being combined with a variety of other ingredients. Dried or fresh fruit, nuts and seeds, and honey or natural sweeteners are common ingredients. Muesli can be made from raw rolled oats at home or purchased ready-to-eat.
Dr. James Jackson invented granola oat cereal in 1894, with the first version made from graham flour. Oat granola became popular in the mid-1960s when additional ingredients such as dried fruit and nuts were added. In this cereal, oats are combined with honey, nuts, and often dried fruit before baking, with the ingredients being stirred several times to keep them broken up into small pieces
5 Health benefits of Oat Cereal:
Oat cereal with fruits on top of it
- Whole oat cereal is high in micronutrients such as manganese, selenium, and phosphorus, among other nutrients.
- Healthy oat cereals containing whole kernel oats help to lower cholesterol, and a daily fiber intake of one bowl of oatmeal can reduce cholesterol by 8 to 23%.
- The soluble fiber in oat may help to prevent blood sugar spikes and control blood sugar levels, especially in people with type 2 diabetes.
- Oat contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, which may aid in constipation relief and bowel health.
- Other health benefits include improved cardiovascular function and immunity boost. Oatmeal is also a portion of good first food for infants 4 months and older who do not have digestive issues.
See health benefits of Oatmeal Cookies you need to take it– Erakina
have you try it befor? if not, try it. Wheat Nankhatai- Erakina
Best fact about Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate cake- Erakina