Many people and kids shrug when they hear the word Upma. Because they have a mindset that it is healthy but it tastes not good and they are tasteless. To break this cycle of belief moms can prepare Lapsi Upma which is equally healthy and tasty for kids and adults. Let’s see the preparation of the recipe and its medicinal benefits.
A picture of Lapsi Upma
Lapsi Upma is a recipe that originated in India in which many states people have them regularly for breakfast. The small amount of time to prepare it and the nutrition in the dish make the people like it even more. Even kids like them because of the texture, aroma, and taste. The word Lapsi means broken wheat. The dish got its name because the main ingredient of the dish is Lapsi.
A bowl of Broken wheat
The ingredients required to prepare Lapsi Upma are:
- Broken wheat
- Vegetable of choice
- Green peas
- Green chilies
- Mustard seeds and
After gathering the ingredients let’s take a pan and pour some oil into it and let them get heat. After the pan and oil got heated add mustard seeds, dal, chopped green chilies, ginger, and garlic. Saute them for a few minutes. After that take some chopped onions and add to the pan and saute them for a while till they get a slight brown in color. After obtaining the color reduce the flame to a medium to a minimum so that the ingredients won’t burn and after lowing the flame add your choice of vegetable. Vegetables like carrots and beans will be a good addition to the dish. After sauteing them add some water to the pan, salt and mix them well. After pouring water add the main ingredient Lapsi and stir them continuously till the water gets dry. After finishing cooking plate them using grated coconut and the dish is ready for the serving.
Benefits of Lapsi Upma
A well-plated Upma
Lapsi Upma is not only good in texture, taste, and aroma it also nutritionally benefits the human body. So let’s see some of the benefits of eating Lapsi Upma.
- The presence of wheat in the recipe helps maintain in diet plans of people because they have more fiber content in them.
- The more iron content in Upma is useful for many women who have iron deficiency and prevents anemia.
- The magnesium present in Upma can able to help reduce blood pressure and helps to maintain good heart health.
- Kids can able to get more protein and nutrients from Lapsi Upma.
- The doctor always recommends adding Upma to the diet for maintaining good health.
- Having Upma reduces constipation because of the fiber in it and it helps in weight reduction.
These are some of the medicinal benefits that Lapsi Upma provides us. So let’s have a cup of Lapsi Upma as breakfast, or as a snack and improve our body health.
Mukesh Kumar U M