Introduction Juniper berry
Juniper berry is a fruit which is produced by the juniper plants. It is believed to be a female seed cone. This berry fruit is about 4-12 millimetre in length. It is blue in colour and it tastes very sweet. This berry family belongs to cupressaceae.
During ancient times, it was found in an Egyptian tomb. It was used as cosmetics and medicines. People used it as a medicine for cancers, cancer patients consume this fruit by jam.
- Juniper berry is very high in nutrients as it contains a good amount of vitamin c.
- Juniper berry is very rich in antioxidants which protects the body from disease, like it acts like an immune system.
- Juniper berry may improve the blood sugar level of a person as it is good for people who have low sugar levels.
- Juniper berry can also improve heart health or it can prevent the person from heart disease.
- It can prevent depression or can act as a stress reliever.
- Natural oil which is in the fruit can destroy the fungus in the mouth.
- Berry is also beneficial for one’s skin as it prevents aging.
- Berry can also improvise the sleeping cycle of a person.
- Berry oil is good for one’s liver as one can add berry oil to any type of food and can consume it .
- One can also lose weight by consuming berries regularly.
- Berry can be dangerous for a person who has high blood sugar level as the berry increases the sugar level on high extreme.
- Berry can make the person’s stomach and intestine upset.
- If the berry is consumed regularly it can damage one of the organs (stomach or intestine) totally.
- It is believed that pregnant women should not consume the fruit as it can affect the child inside the womb.
- People with kidney disease should not consume the fruit as it can worsen the present condition.
- It is also believed that one can also develop allergic issues, it mostly produces skin allergy or any other form of allergy.
- Flower of the juniper berry is pink and yellow. At the end, it is narrow in shape.
- Juniper tea is very famous in beverages. It tastes spicy as well as sweet. Honey and milk is also added to the tea to give the aroma of taste.
- Most favourite recipe for this fruit is juniper berry jam. Jam is generally red in colour and it is consumed with bread.
- Cake can also be made with these ingredients. Cake of this type is generally brown and black in colour.
- With juniper berries one can also make ice-cream as it is similar to blueberry.
- In India, juniper berry can be found in the Himalayas, it can be found at a height of 1500 to 4000 metre.
- Leaf of the juniper is quite narrow and lengthy.
- Juniper berry oil is very essential as it is extracted from the berry fruit.
- Juniper berry outer coat is tasteless, all the ingredients are inside the coating.
- Juniper berry tonic became famous during the 17th century.
- It grows in clay soil which is rich in nutrients.
Ingredients for Tea
Some dried juniper berries, boiling water, and honey.
- First step is to keep the juniper berry in a big vessel and pour some boiling water into it.
- Keep this for 10 to 15 minutes so that the berry’s taste dissolves into water.
- Lastly, add some honey to increase the aroma of taste in tea.
Juniper berry fruit is a favourite fruit of most of the people near Himalayas. It is very tasty and interesting to consume. Interesting as it has many benefits and disadvantages. As we all know that we should not focus on disadvantages, one should only focus on the benefits which are given free of cost by nature. Best part about the fruit is that one can make jam, cake out of the ingredients, and tasty tea can also be made from the berry.