Introduction Earth Day
Every year on April 22nd, we celebrate earth day as it is our mother earth’s birth anniversary. This day is celebrated to protect our earth from bad vibes like pollution, deforestation, etc. It is to teach people how the earth is so beautiful and admirable.
This day was celebrated first by Gaylord Nelson in 1969. This day is organized by the environmental protection agency. Every year, they think of some theme which is being implemented on that day.
Theme of this day is changed every year or twice a year. Theme for 2022 is “Invest In Our Planet”. Theme for 2020 is “Climatic Change” and the theme for 2021 is “Restore Our Earth”.
Beauty of Sunrise
Harmful Effects to Earth
It is referred to as dumping of harmful items into the environment. Pollution can be noise pollution, water pollution, air pollution, etc. Water pollution is generally done by the factories near to it.
In this, trees are cut in a large amount and because of this, many animal’s habitats are being lost and soil gets eroded because of large amounts of cutting.
- Killing of animals
Animals are being killed every now and then for our selfishness. Animals are being used for their skin, horns, etc.
- Plastic Pollution
Plastic pollution is a modern type of pollution as the ill-effects of plastics are seen in this generation. Many plastics are thrown into the water or land. Some innocent animals eat the plastics and it gets choked in their throats and these animals die automatically.
- Natural Disaster
Natural disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, global warming, etc. All these natural disasters which are being caused indirectly by humans.
- Climate Change
During recent years, there are so many climate changes, the reason is a lot of usage of resources on the earth. Earth’s climate is changing day by day.
- Depletion of ozone layer
Depletion of ozone layer is the major problem for us as the ozone layer is getting depleted everyday then UV rays of the sun can easily affect our skin which can lead to skin cancer.
Significance of this day
- These ill-effects of the earth can be reduced to minimum on this particular day.
- It is the day to educate people about the goodness of earth as we are the only ones on the planet to live on.
- It is also being taught that earth is the only planet in which life is possible because of sunshine, air, vegetables, water, etc.
- This day is to save the earth for future generations so that they can live happily.
- Though, this day, everyone gets an idea that we are destroying our mother earth and we need to save it as soon as possible as it is already high time.
Hand holding a plant
Steps to save earth
- We need to save water as there are few amounts of water left which are capable of drinking.
- One should use public transport as we can decrease the noise and air pollution.
- Every product should be recycled or reused so that we can reduce the waste produced by the factories.
- Everyone should try to plant one or two saplings so that the plants can give oxygen to all.
- One should be personally involved in educating people about earth and its environment, how to save earth, etc.
- Use led bulbs other than the normal bulbs which can save resources of earth.
- Everyone should use less plastic, if we use less plastic the production of plastic will also be less.
- Everyone living on this earth should celebrate earth day as it is our own mother earth. Without mother earth we can’t live here or our future generation can’t live in it.
- Harmful effects of earth are pollution, deforestation, killing of animals, plastic pollution, natural disaster, climate change, depletion of ozone layer.
- In this blog, the significance of earth day and steps to save earth have been discussed. So we all should take care of mother earth the same way we take care of our parents.
Duty towards mother Earth – Erakina