Real soil is a kind of soil that is red. This kind of soil is generally found in humid climates. It has more minerals as compared to other types of soil so automatically in this type of soil agriculture can be done very easily. This is generally found in countries like India, China, and Greece.
Red soil contains a good amount of iron which is the reason it is red. It is a formation of oxides and rock together formed into the soil. It contains a vast amount of nutrients. This soil is used for construction. In India, this is generally found in Tamilnadu, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka. This kind of color is mainly because of rainwater, weather, and natural chemicals. Parent rocks of this soil are crystalline and metamorphic rocks.
In irrigation red soil has a major role in good cultivation as some of the major crops are grown in this soil. Crops grown in red soil are cotton, wheat, rice, pulses, millets, tobacco, oilseed, fruits (mangoes, oranges, citrus, bananas, sugarcane, pineapples, avocados), vegetables(carrots, potatoes, beetroot, spinach, beans, pea, corn).
Red Soil in Irrigation
Characteristics of Soil
- Red soil is mainly found in moderate climate regions.
- This type of soil has a pH value from 6.6 to 8.0.
- This type of soil contains a large amount of soil.
- It is said that it is very good for gardening. That is the reason that nowadays it is packed in packets and transported to different parts.
- It is said that this type of soil is quite acidic.
- Red soil is mainly found in Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Odessa, and Jharkhand.
- Red soil is formed through igneous rocks and metamorphic rocks.
- As we all know this soil contains high amounts of iron oxide and that is the reason it is red.
- The soil does not contain nitrogen as the other type of soil has.
- A good amount of water can be stored so it is suitable for irrigation.
- A most important characteristic of soil is that no river or water bodies can be found near the red soil region because they generally can be found in dry places.
- Many insects can be found in this soil as this soil is very rich in all nutrients so small insects can also get their food.
- Soil is the main resource for farmers who can cultivate the crops.
Red Loam Soil
Types of Soil
This type of soil contains clay in it. Clay material is generally used in clay toys for kids.
Red Loam Soil
This type of soil is wet in texture. It can store a good amount of water in it so it is best suitable in a humid climate as the availability of water is less in this soil.
Red Lateritic Soil
This type of soil is also rich in aluminum content along with iron content. This type of soil can be found in Karnataka, Kerala, Odisha, and Assam.
Red Yellow Soil
This type of soil is reddish yellow. This type of soil can be found in western ghats, Odisha and Chhattisgarh.
Red Sandy Soil
This kind of soil is thick red. This kind of soil is mainly used for construction as the number of nutrients present in this soil is less compared to other types of soil.
Red Lateritic Soil
Red soil is a kind of soil that is red. Red soil contains a high amount of iron. Major crops can be grown that are wheat, rice, pulses, millets, tobacco, oilseed, potatoes, mango, orange, citrus, banana, sugarcane, pineapple, avocado, orange, carrots, potatoes, beetroot, spinach, beans, peas, corn and many more can be grown. Types of red soil are red clay soil, red loam soil, red lateritic soil, red yellow soil, red sandy soil, and red gravel soil. Characteristics of red soil are grown in moderate climates, pH value from 6.6 to 8.0, very good for gardening, and the soil is acidic.